There are many kids on the Naughty List this year. Many of them go to school. Many of the kids at school are on my List because they are mean to other kids. It is called bullying. It makes me very sad when I see kids being mean to other kids.
There are many ways kids can be mean. The elves are always watching! They watch to let me know who should be on the Naughty List. The elves watch for many things. But, the elves always let me know if they see someone do this again and again:
- Slap, hit, pinch, punch, push, shove or kick;
- Put other kids in a small space, like a school locker;
- Make other kids give them things, like money or food; or,
- Touch other kids when they do not want to be touched.
The elves always let me know if they hear someone do this again and again:
- Call someone names that are not nice;
- Tease other kids in a way that is not nice;
- Say things that are not true or are not nice about other kids; or
- Say things because someone looks or talks different, or has a different colour skin.
I also ask the elves to tell me if they see kids do this to someone:
- Will not let them play with others;
- Leave them out when kids are playing together;
- Write bad things about them in notes, letters or emails; or,
- Bully them with words, things they do or even weapons.
No one deserves to be bullied. Bullying is NOT cool.
There are many good websites about bullying, like Bullies!.
If you are bullied, look the bully in the eye and say you do not like what they are doing. Then, tell an adult you trust what happened. You can also talk to someone from my webpage, People You Can Talk To.
There are many things you can do if you see someone being bullied. If you feel safe, speak out and stop it. Tell them bullying is not cool. Ask a friend to do it with you. This works a lot of the time! Or, get an adult to help you. Never fight a bully.
If you are bullying someone, stop it! Think about how to make things better. Open your mind to helping, not hurting.
After all, helping others is part of the Christmas Spirit!
P.S. Why do you think Bullying Is Not Cool? (Scroll down to leave your message for me or to see what others have written!)